Saturday, September 21, 2013

My First Attempt

This is my first try at metal point.  It's a mix of copper and sterling silver wire.

I found out what a slow process this is and how much I enjoyed it.  I had no idea what I was doing but it was a satisfying medium, regardless.

It's very difficult to get many dark values in the picture and that bothers me a little bit.  I used a 11X14 gessoed art board that were totally smooth.  Maybe that was part of the problem, altho I think that's just a trait of this medium.  I can't wait for this to tarnish to see if that darkens things up a bit.
 photo ScreenShot2013-09-21at94003PM_zpse737a4ce.png

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Ginni! So pretty! You are so artistic and so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Ginni! So pretty! You are so artistic and so talented.

    ReplyDelete